I'm psyched about the weekend but also want to stretch and wish I had been more committed to mobility. wah.
I'm enjoying more carbs in my diet - this week I've had 4 days over 2000 cals - such a win!
This pasta is adapted from smitten kitchen using up all my leftovers!
Makes about 4 serves
- 250gm Orgran Chilli Pasta Spirals
- 600gm Chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 230gm (or one large bunch) of Asparagus cut into roughly 4 pieces each
- 70ml Coconut Milk
- 75gm Hass Avocado
- 110gm Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 10gm grated Parmesan
- Rind of 3 Lemons
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp ground fennel seed
- Cook your pasta till al dente (still a little firm), rinse and set aside
- Put coconut milk, avocado, lemon rind, Parmesan and about 1/2 cup of water into a food processor or blender and whiz till smooth
- In the same pot you cooked the pasta, rinse it out and add a little oil, once heated add your chicken and garlic, chilli and fennel and cook through
- In a ceramic dish, place your asparagus and 3 tbsp of water and put in the microwave on high for 2 mins
- Now add the slightly cooked asparagus, tomato and creamy sauce to the chicken, heat through for about 5-10 mins - you want the tomatoes and asparagus to keep their nice bright colours but you also want the sauce to reduce a little.
- In a large bowl combine chicken & sauce with pasta and mix through
- Enjoy - you can squeeze a little extra lemon juice on or grind some black pepper to taste!