Tuesday 20 November 2012

Choc Banana Pancakes

Health. Such a weird thing. And when your health in concerned suddenly you find yourself reading a million books and articles. You may or may not know this is my 3rd week in a row I'm trying to work out why I just don't feel 'right'. My gut instinct says its auto-immune related, I'm not saying I have a thyroid issue for sure or what not I just know something isn't right.

In trying to find out what is up it has been suggested my 'extreme' way of living may be the culprit, from doctors, family and general people trying to help out. And to be frank I'm tired of that as an excuse - especially from medical professionals.

Extreme is this: Weight training 5-6 times a week and moderate cardio + healthy clean food, eating 6 times a day without junk.

I hate to say it but this isn't extreme, not that it matters but my body fat is in the 'healthy' range and I eat lot of different foods and I eat well. We were designed to eat real food and to exercise, I'm going to throw it out there and say that my job is extreme, sitting down for 8hrs a day is just crazy. We weren't designed for that.

Yesterday my trainer sent me a pic of the ingredients in a packaged cake (below) have a quick read through and tell me what is actually 'real' food. and FYI Shellac is edible beetle poop. mmmm right?

If average is this, then no I am not 'average'. But maybe we need to stop wanting to be 'average' :-)

Makes 6 pancakes - I had 2 & James had 4
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp psyllium husk
  • 2 tsp carob
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 banana
Topping 
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbsp walnuts
  • Drizzle honey
Method:
  1. Throw everything into a container and blitz with a stick mix. 
  2. Heat a fry pan and melt a little coconut oil to prevent stick
  3. Cook as per pancakes
  4. When each one cook rest it on a plate covered in kitchen towel
  5. Arrange however many you like on a plate top with 1/2 a banana each, some walnuts and honey!
  6. Yum!

Delicious Food


Not Food

No comments:

Post a Comment