Wednesday 17 April 2013

Pork, Fennel and Caraway Meatballs

I had a rest day yesterday, I ate too many nuts and I had a glass of wine.

After yesterday's withdrawal from society and recuperation I feel better and little more recharged!

To be honest these meatballs were super easy but they were missing something, I think it might have been chilli? I'm not sure but please have a play around with what I've done so far and if you would like; let me know what you've added to the mix.

I watched MKR last night and got jealous of the pressure cooker they used to cook shanks. I think I want to cook shanks soon!

I'm pretty happy with my slow cooker though to be honest. I'd need to know what I could cook differently in order to make the full investment! Beans is a good start though and tomato bases to avoid BPA... I'll get there - I may be moving house so I'll wait till then!

Ok so meatballs...

Ingredients:
  • 1kg free range pork mince
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 green apples grated
  • 2 tsp fennel seeds
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 1 tsp caraway seeds
  • 2 cloves
  • 1 tsp black peppercorns
  • 3 tins diced tomatoes
Method
  1. Pour diced tomatoes into your slow cooker
  2. Grind all dry spices in a mortar and pestle
  3. Add spices along with grated apple & garlic to mince - combine well
  4. Roll into meatballs & place in the slow cooker
  5. They will be tight, like meaty neighbours.
  6. Set it on low for when you are at work
  7. When you come home carefully remove the meatballs and drain the fat off the top of the sauce
  8. I used slim pasta for the first time last night, was good!


No comments:

Post a Comment