Monday 15 July 2013

Meal Planning for $200 + Banana Pikelet Recipe

So food shopping is all well and good but steamed vegetables and grilled meat is really not that appealing week in week out. I love bulk-ish type meals where you can cook a meat dish and just add veges later, you may not like curries, but I also love them and they are surprisingly healthy when cooked right.

Pea & Bacon Soup and Home-made Rye
Also you will notice a few coconut milk recipes, I use full fat but that is just my preference, fat does not make you fat ;-)

Most recipes are paleo / gluten free / sugar free for those with restrictions, I still eat some grains and sugar and ice-cream but all in moderation I say.

What I made this week:

Friday night (Date night meal):

Friday Night / Date Night Dinner
Special Sunday Dinner:
Sunday Special Dinner
Weekly Meals:
Weekly Meals
Treats:

Home-Made Rye Bread & pear and Hazelnut Scrolls
I also attempted garlic mayonnaise with my garlic shoots but over whipped it and it split - such a fail :-(

Failed Mayo
I'm away again for work this week, Tasmania won't let you take fresh fruit and vege but cooked meals are fine so I should have almost everything I need, I'm not preparing for a comp or anything I'm just sick of eating at restaurants for 11 days straight and want my own food! There is a Woolworths not far from where I am staying and I can buy extra vege if need be and have a small kitchenette in my hotel room.

This morning I cooked 4 batches/30 banana pikelets. Woo 7 1/2 pikelets for breakfast everyday! It also means that everyday I'm away I only have to zap my breakky in the microwave.

Pikelets: 4 serves, makes 30.
  • 2 bananas
  • 480ml Egg Whites
  • 60gm Quinoa Flakes
  • 2 tsp psyllium husks
Method:
  1. Mix it all about with a stick whiz
  2. Lightly grease a large skillet
  3. Use a 1/8 measuring cup to pour batter
  4. Flip when they look bubbly on top
  5. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment